Working in partnership with Caddick Construction, we are offering a fantastic opportunity for an Apprentice Bricklayer to work with their sub-contractor T K Construction on the Stonebridge Beck development site in Leeds.
Caddick Group offers a wide range of services which include Design, Construction, Civil Engineering, Property Development, Property Management, Leisure and Event Management, and offer an excellent career route for apprentices starting out in the sector.
The successful candidates will gain the relevant skills and experience to enable them progress with their apprenticeship. A newly trained bricklayer can expect a salary of c. £17-20k. Once fully trained and with experience this can rise from £20-£30K and senior/master bricklayers can earn in the region of £30-40K.
Day to day activities to include:-
- Supporting and learning from skilled Bricklayers
- Measuring areas and marking out in preparation for laying bricks
- Mixing mortar by hand or with a mechanical mixer
- Applying mortar with a trowel and laying blocks or bricks
- Shaping and trimming bricks using hammers, chisels, and power tools
- Checking that rows are straight using a spirit level and plumb line
- Maintaining high levels of health and safety at all times, ensuring regulations are adhered to
- Maintaining a clear and tidy workspace and ensure that waste materials are disposed of in accordance with current legislation
If you have a desire to work in the constructon industry, an attention to detail, and the ability to work in a team and at heights, we want to hear from you.
Click here for more information and to apply.