EN:Able Futures, working in partnership with Caddick Construction Ltd., are offering a fantastic opportunity for an Apprentice Bricklayer to work with their supply chain and gain the relevant skills and experience to enable them to progress with their apprenticeship.
The apprenticeship will be based on the Ferrars Road development, a residential housing scheme in Sheffield.
Whilst working towards their qualification the successful candidate will work supporting skilled bricklayers and will learn the following skills:
- Measuring areas and marking out in preparation for laying bricks
- Mixing mortar by hand or with a mechanical mixer
- Applying mortar with a trowel and laying blocks or bricks
- Shaping and trimming bricks using hammers, chisels, and power tools
- Checking that rows are straight using a spirit level and plumb line
Julie Deeley, Director of Operations, EN:Able Futures, said: "We are delighted to be working with Caddick Construction to provide this high quality trade apprenticeship. The apprenticeship that we are collaborating on together will provide an excellent pathway into the sector for someone people starting their careers in construction.”
For more information and to apply click here.