The Framework aims to offer an intelligent legal services procurement solution to Landlords and Public Sector bodies
There are 17 firms appointed to the framework which is divided into 6 lots, 3 each for England (E) and Wales (W) covering the following areas of law:
- Lots 1E & 1W - Corporate, Governance and Finance
- Lots 2E & 2W - Housing and Asset Management
- Lots 3E & 3W - Property and Development
The following key benefits will allow Members to achieve significant and sustainable savings and efficiency gains in relation to their legal spend:
- Law firms appointed to the framework have specialist expertise in each relevant lot
- Hourly rates are, on average, 30% below the firms’ standard rates
- Over 200 fixed fees covering all 6 lots
- An extensive range of Value Added Benefits and Social Value Benefits
- A robust Framework Agreement which manages the relationship with the law firms and includes a Protocol for Instructions to ensure best practise
- Monthly Management Information provided by Kennedy Cater giving detailed analysis of spend data and spot checking accuracy of invoices
Call Off Mechanism
There are 2 call off routes under the Framework, these are:
This is a simple mechanism that allows you to select the Contractors on the relevant lot without having to undertake a separate tender based on the framework rates to determine the most economically advantageous offer for your requirements, subject to capability/capacity assessment. This method is most suitable for works that are similar to that described in the overall framework at tender.
Where all Eligible contractors capable of carrying out the work from the relevant lot are invited to tender. The ITT will set out the criteria to be used to determine the most economically advantageous tender detailing the questions, scoring mechanism, weighting and timescale. Once the Contractors have priced the works and submitted the required answers to the quality question, EN can analyse the submissions and produce an award recommendation report for the Client to review/accept.
For more information, click here to download the Solicitors Panel User Guide.