The Reallies New Build framework is designed to provide access to local and national contractors via an OJEU compliant route.
The Framework comprises four Lots:
- Lot 1 – Schemes up to £2m in the North West
- Lot 2 - Scheme up to £2m in Yorkshire & Humber
- Lot 3 – Schemes over £2m in the North West and Yorkshire & Humber
- Lot 4 – Off-Site Construction
The frameworks offer a flexibility of options to deliver housing for various size of contract and tenures - affordable, shared ownership, for sale, and the like.
The framework is predominantly focused on the delivery of work to social housing properties in Yorkshire and the Humber but may extend to other public buildings such as schools and offices and other areas of the UK.
Call Off Mechanism
The framework provides 2 principle call-off routes:
A simple mechanism that allows selection of Contractors on the relevant lot without having to undertake a separate tender exercise; the selection is based on the tendered framework rates and the application of capability criteria to determine the most economically advantageous offer for the specific project.
The Direct Selection route provides the opportunity for Early Contractor Involvement whereby the Contractors experience can be used to:
- Provide early test to Member’s Budget and Scheme Viability
- Help engineer cost effective solutions,
- Procure the required surveys and investigations
- Drive the design and planning process
- Undertake consultations with Planners & Highways Authorities
- Reduce the overall pre-construction period to meet HE Targets
Where all eligible contractors from the relevant lot, capable of carrying out the work, are invited to tender; the Invitation to Tender setting out the criteria to be used to determine the most economically advantageous tender.
For both call off routes a sophisticated capability matrix can be used to source and/or ensure contractors are selected who have the required capacity, levels of experience such as BIM, building homes for shared ownership and direct for sales, contribute to improving the local economy etc.
An experienced Technical Team provide support to members and their project teams though advice and support in areas such as:
- Site appraisals
- Surveys and Investigations
- Options appraisals
- Site development and scheme layouts
- Planning advice
- Section Agreements
To make procurements easier and help Members to deliver successful projects the team adopt a 3 Step Plan:
Step 1 - Planning
- Helping define goals and outcomes
- Advising on appropriate framework Lots and procurement route
- Supporting the procurement process to develop high quality homes
Step 2 - Procurement
- Managing the procurement of contractors and consultants
- Providing technical, commercial and contractual advice
- Supporting contract mobilisation
Step 3 - Delivery
- Providing advice and support during the construction phase to manage cost and quality
- Measuring performance through the Framework KPI’s
- Working with member and contractors to enable delivery of high quality social value outcomes
Other Associated Frameworks
To support New Build Frameworks, a free to access Consultancy Framework, will be available to members when used with the New Build Framework.